Covet PR San Diego is seeking a Junior Publicist.
About the Role
The Junior Publicist position is the kindling for the account teams, ready and always willing to jump in to the daily serving of clients by coordinating administrative tasks and actively participating in pitching efforts, ideas, research, media relations and all things related to the success of the brand. Passionate should be the best word to describe you.
About the Company
Covet PR is one of the fastest growing PR agencies in the country. We work with some of the most well-known food, beverage, beauty, and lifestyle brands in the health and wellness space, ranging from start-ups to partially acquired companies. Since our launch in the fall of 2014, we have quickly become the go-to PR agency for national CPG brands who are looking to change the way consumers relate to products and the world around them. Our client portfolio includes brands such as: Suja Juice, Chameleon Cold Brew, barkTHINS and Annie’s Homegrown.
● Develops full range of written materials such as press releases, fact sheets and media pitches, ready for review by senior team members
● Assumes the responsibilities of the Master Admin when there is no Publicity Assistant on the account
● Responsible for daily account management activities, such as agendas, recaps, activity reports and coordination of all necessary materials for client accounts
● Assists in administrative support needs in setting up media events, conventions, media tours, desksides, etc. as needed
● Proactively pitches targeted media outlets, including broadcast, print and new media
● Builds network of media contacts in both short and long-lead publications, as well as digital media and key influencers – specifically with lifestyle, health, food, beverage and beauty press
● Proactively offers and implements new ways to meet client needs
● Participates in client calls, as needed
● Should be able to develop a clear understanding and knowledge of the clients’ business and their competitive environments
● Ensures client asks and day to day needs are met
● Communicates well and can effectively manage both up and down
● Manages Publicity Assistants by delegating administrative, writing and research tasks and provide mentorship to all Junior Staff by clearly explaining the processes and procedures of the agency
Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, or a related field
At least 2 years of professional experience in Public Relations, ideally in the CPG space
Agency experience a plus
May only work during normal business hours. Overtime is not permitted unless approved by a manager.
May require extended periods of sitting, working in front of a computer
Based on experience
· Generous paid-time off
· Ample paid holidays
· Medical and dental coverage and 401k after 90 days
· Monthly stipends for parking and cell phone use
· Monthly mind, body and spirit activities outside of work
· Summer Fridays (May through September)
Send Resume to: email@example.com
Subject: Junior Publicist Application via Bond Twenty